martes, 30 de agosto de 2011

Assessment Audit



Assessment Audit
For: students of 4th grade ( private elementary school)
Who are we doing this learning assessment for?
What do they need the information for?
What kind of information do they need?
My students
·      So that students can know what they have learned.
·      So that students know if they really understood it.
·      So that students can get some extra help.
·      So that students can know if they need to study harder or not.
·  Grades from tests, exercises, oral tests, etc.
·  Get feedback from the teacher.
The teacher
·   So I know what the students know and can do, what they are just learning to do, and what they have not learnt yet in order to know my students needs and teach accordingly.
·   So I know that I am covering the whole curriculum and do not leave any knowledge gaps.
·   So I can be sure I am not leaving any students behind, but teach all students according to what they need.
·   So I know how the students feel about their learning, and whether they are happy with the lessons that I am teaching.
·    I need valid descriptions and examples of work of what all the children in my class know and can do in order to show the principal and the parents in an appropriate form that I am meeting the established goals for my subject.
·    I need surveys of my class in order to check whether my teaching is effective, so that I can reflect on my own teaching.
The students’ parents and families
·   So they understand the objective of the homework.
·   So they can cooperate with the teacher’s homework expectations.
·   So they can help the child in his strong and weak areas.
·   So they can suggest and facilitate the child extra material.
·   So they can encourage the child and motivate him.
·   So they can motivate the child to give an extra effort in homework.
·   So they can understand the child’s needs.

·   They need teacher- parent conferences regularly, so they can know how their child is progressing and how they can help their child improve.
·   They need special written reports very well detailed, so they can understand their child’s learning process, their child’s attitudes toward assessment, and his/her behavior in school.
·   They need a special every day notebook where teachers can send notes about the child’s progress, so parents, school and teacher do the necessary changes to help the child to reach the objective in the learning process.

The administration office
·  So the principal can plan ahead and buy the resources the students will need for their English class.
·  So the principal can be sure that the class is meeting the goals the school has established for the subject of English.
·  He/she needs surveys that show that I am teaching the content of the curriculum and others that show that the majority of the students are doing fine in the subject.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario